Sonntag, 22. Mai 2011

Country Road III

The days after my visit in Auschwitz were a rider's dream: good weather, beautiful landscapes, lonely villages and mainly good roads. "Brain off, legs on": I didn't think much (didn't have to), I just rode - straight on, 270 km in three days.

Time to say thank you to a few people I met: the numerous people I asked for the route ("lewo - prosto - prawo"), the farmer who allowed me to use his toilet (he and his wife were fascinated from my bike), my couchsurfing host Paweł here in Kielce (he learned me how to pronounce the "ł" and I gave him some advices for digital photography), Paweł's girlfriend Marta (for the good soup and having me as a guest on her couch) and last but not least: all the Polish truck drivers (for the large distances they keep when passing by my bike).

When I arrived here in Poland I had some concerns - or fears - about the life on the roads. My fears were about the road conditions and about the trucks. Trucks are the most dangerous vehicles in the traffic because of the air draft they produce. But fortunately all (!) truck drivers up to now were very careful with that little crazy biker on the right side of the road. They all kept a huge distance when overtaking me. Up to now I only felt a little bit of air draft from two or three trucks. So thanks guys. My concerns about the road conditions? Well there is quite a range: sometimes balancing on the little hill (or the line) at the side of the road is not so easy, but usually there is quite much of space for me and my bike :-)

Today I will go on towards Warszawa. Singing some of the songs dedicated to all those country roads...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen