As already in Kraków I did only a little bit of (bike) sightseeing in Warszawa. I did not go out with the camera too much - I was just not really in the mood. Here is about my only tourist picture from this city. So don't expect too many Warszawa pictures when I am back home...I rather spent much time with my couchsurfers: my host family and Chris from the USA. He works as an English teacher in Poland, loves to ride (what else would you expect from a former bicycle courier 8-) and is vegetarian too. So he knew where to get reeeeeally good veggie food in the city. He
took me to a small vegan (!) food bar called "The Love Hut". The meals do not only have cool names ("Sunny Tofu", "Ocean Paradise" or "Spicy Island") - the taste of those meals is just delicious!The last two evenings with my host family were very relaxing. Rafael and me cooked again some really good stuff. And I played with Theo, the older son. He liked to sit on my bike and cruise through the city.
And then it was already time to say goodbye to Stanisław, Theo, Wioletta and Rafael. Everything was prepared: food reserves stocked up (little bit in my bags - but mainly in my love handles :-), the maps for the Baltic states and the railway ticket to Kaunas. Today I had to get up early in the morning to get the 7.25 train to Lithuania.
There again, I can stay with a Couchsurfer family...
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen