Mittwoch, 15. Juni 2011

"No, you can't take the bike in this train!"

The Swedish railway company stopped taking bikes on the Narvik - Kiruna - Stockholm night train about ten years ago. So my nice plan of cycling to Narvik and then going from there back with the train will not work. I have to take a different route. Fortunately, there is a private railway company running on the line Gällivare - Östersund - Kristinehamn. They allow bikes on their train - and they even accept interrail tickets :-) So I will start now to slowly travel to the South, using bike and trains.

As I will not have internet access too often, this blog will not be updated frequently....

1 Kommentar:

  1. Das ist ärgerlich. Wir wünschen dir trotzdem viel Glück und Erfolg auf der Heimreise! Gutes Wetter und Pannenfreiheit bis zum Ziel.

    Rahmen- und Speichenbruch ;)
    Stefan, Matti und Felix

    AntwortenLöschen